Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Russo on Matt Lauer

you've got to hand it to Dog. I mean, a great New York Giant and Super Bowl champ retired today. The Mets can't get out of their own way. Ryan Church is now on the DL and the Mets botched the handling of that. The Yankees are only at .500. Game 3 of the NBA Finals is tonight. So what is Doggie fixated on today? You guessed it...Matt Lauer's round of 100 on the US Open course:

"I'll have to look at Lauer's swing and see what you think...Here's the thing I would say...Can he shoot a 95 out there?? Can he shoot a 95? This is a guy who says he breaks 80 consistently. I'll give you an extra stroke a hole. Can you shoot a 95?

Mike: I think that's fair. I think that's fair.

2 comments:

First Time, Long Time said...

By the way, props to Steve from Bayside, who was the first caller after the Lauer discussion and began with "Did I just hear you guys do 5 minutes on Celebrity Golf?"

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love it when callers bust their chops. It's always best to just come out and say it; if you fire a warning shot like "please don't cut me off" or "let me finish," you get Mike muttering "Uh huh" and reading his mail while you're talking, or they hang up on you but talk to you like you're still on the air but have been rendered speechless.