Friday, August 15, 2008

A LOOK BACK: My Guest Spot with Chris Russo

With Russo gone at WFAN, we felt it would be a nice tribute to Dog to look back on my call with him that helped put our blog on the map...This call took place back in June....Dog, thanks for taking the time....

I just spent close to 5 minutes with Chris debating Johan Santana and Tim Lincecum. I made my point to Dog that he was incorrect in talking about how Lincecum has gone deeper in games than Santana. After a lengthy debate, Dog caved in and admitted I was right and he was wrong. He also then allowed me to get in a plug for this blog. I felt like if I stayed on the phone any longer, Chris was going to invite me over for dinner. I am currently negotiating to see if I can take over Jon Heyman's weekly spot. Seriously though, for any new people finding us today because of that shout out, we hope you enjoy this blog. Take a look around at some of the older posts we have written. Feel free to comment. Enjoy.

UPDATE: BELOW IS A LINK TO MY CALL WITH CHRIS TODAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0DxFJT7TbY

14 comments:

Whatdoyouhave? said...

Hey guys - just heard your call - great debate with Doggy. And I'v also just wasted the past 30 mins reading old posts. Great stuff. I just hope the show doesn't end so I can keep on reading along

First Time, Long Time said...

whatdoyouhave...I agree about hoping the show doesn't end. But enjoy the blog.

Matthew "The Falk" Falkenbury said...

Love the blog, i heard you on the show today and as a big mets fan, i'm very happy that you shut russo up with him and lincecum, how is Matt Cain doing by the way Chris???? i wish i could write about the show like you guys, all the post really came through in "the Big Spot"

Anonymous said...

No contact email to send Mike & the MD related links?

Anonymous said...

good job on the air, man. im a new "fan" of this site, pun intended. you know what would also help your argument is comparing the pitchers that johan has faced this season v. the pitchers that lincecum has faced. it seems every time johan takes the mound we are facing their ace. i wonder how it breaks down with lincecum. also, early run support may be another stat to look into, as that helps the mentality of the pitcher, perhaps.

iamthelotion said...

Heard you today on the air with the Cano Insano. Well done. I'l keep reading you.

You gotta give it to the Rain Man, though: when he's wrong, he coughs it up. You may not understand what he's mangling, but you get the gist.

Loved his pronunciation of the word 'incur' today, for example, in some ad. I never knew it was pronounced 'in-cure.'

junebug said...

Great stuff...Joke about the show everyday!The on-air tension always makes for a good listen so I hope they hang in a little longer.Although I wouldn't mind seeing Mike waddle into the morning slot.Always thought he'd be great there...He can rap about anything from an experts point of view...Politics,Movies,Books,Sports,Social Problems, there isn't a life experience that he hasn't gone through...Lets face, Mike is the 2nd, 3rd and 4th coming

Anonymous said...

Kudos to dog for admitting he was wrong.

Peteski said...

BRAVO!

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared said...

Great call today man. And love the site, I'll def. link it from my blogs.

Anonymous said...

Your call showed a lot of moxy.

Imspartacus said...

Did you notice his try to "skip" the number 9 when trying to get Lincecum to 10 7-inning or more starts?

Then he tried to change the criteria to 6...

http://mikeandthemaddogcontrarian.blogspot.com/

TheNextBestThing1 said...

I just find out about this blog today...its the greatest thing ever sucks that i found out the day the show ends..but hearing dog cry was hilarious but equally sad..They ll be back together this isnt their last show together...