The show has kicked the bucket and to our disappointment we were able to cross off very little from our original Mike and the Mad Dog Bucket List. Boy do I wish they would've hugged. Just once. Just a loving embrace that said everything and nothing at the same time.
But to follow up the memorial for Russo's terminology we pay tribute to the other elements of the duo with...
THE MIKE AND THE MAD DOG KICK THE BUCKET LIST: WHAT WE WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN FROM MIKE AND THE MAD DOG
- "Nothing can get by them, turn them on and try em, it's Mike and the Mad Dog on the Fan." (at what time last night did Chernoff scream out.. "Get those people into a studio we have to record a new song. I don't care what you call the show, just get his name out of it!!!)
- Good afternoon Mikey and how are you today?
- The YES SPLIT SCREEN: Does a camera man get fired now that Russo is no longer there? Do they do a split screen today of just the empty chair with a single rose on it?
- The YES commercials for the show
- THE HUGE RUSSO PICTURE IN THE STUDIOS AT WFAN: Does this get replaced with a variety of Mike Francesca action shots? Mike with Diet Coke, Mike on horseback? Mike looking at Mike. Or perhaps it's a group photo of the update guys? That would be swell, give Minko something please!
- Russo as Mike's wingman, covering for him during his long strolls around the WFAN compound during commercial breaks. Does he go to the bathroom? Does he get caught up in a conversation with Mr Met about last nights Desperate Housewives? What goes on there?
- RATINGS: Will Mike just test himself? Kind of the way that you would cover up an answer when you were studying for a test in high school? Will there be a voice of God that will just ask him... "Sunday 4pm, Giants Lions, local and then national." Could they get Regis to do this and make it a game show with Mike as the only contestant?
- The Tony Russo guest spot: Does this mean that Tony will just call Chris at home? Do you think they only talked on the air? What happens to the father son relationship if Tony called in to Mike?
- Mocking John Sterling calls: Mike can laugh alone, but there is nothing better than their shared amusement over the bombasity that is John Sterling
- Over/Under: By the way, the Over/Under on Mike and Chris being a duo together is Under 20 years. The Over/Under on Russo being unemployed, is 20 days. The Over/Under for Francesca to claim the show is better solo, 3 hours.
- The Done Report: Today's Done Report is brought to you by Sirius Radio. Mike and the Mad Dog are officially done.
- Fights about: Don Nelson being a Hall of Famer, Manny vs Youk, the bathrooms at Yankee Stadium, horse racing, sitting in the same studio together, who should get paid more, changing the name of the show to Mad Dog and the guy that sometimes isn't on vacation.
- The worst play by play team ever during the NCAA tournament
- THE MARQUIS: Does Mike now get Minko to wear the costume? Did Russo get this in the divorce? Was he told to never return and leave the wig behind?
- Uncomfortably close seating at remotes.
THE MIKE AND THE MAD DOG RADIO PROGRAM HAS KICKED THE BUCKET
And Now, A Note From Brian Powell
6 years ago