Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fear Mongers

With the Mets losing a devastating game this afternoon, the anticipation of the show is palpable. This is the type of situation where Mike and the Mad Dog thrive. When there is great drama with a New York sports team, they know how to stir the pot. They know how to take the temperature of the New York fan and exploit the heightened emotions. Today, they will no doubt be symbolically handing out pitchforks and torches to Mets fans who want to burn down Shea. It is truly the best time to listen because they know how to push that button. FTLT just told me that he won't listen to MMD today. That's how broken up he is. Mike and Dog know that. And they will twist the knife. And we all will love it. Enjoy!

5 comments:

First Time, Long Time said...

Gman. I changed my mind. I am going to listen, but I am slightly concerned that I may have broken my hand from punching my couch very hard. Can I hear Willie go fucking nuts once on a postgame. Please throw shit. Curse. Show some fucking emotion. I don't need to hear right now hard arizona did a good job "scratching" back. Fuck that. Throw your team under the bus right now. Show some balls. Show some fire before you end up being fired.

Also sidenote, I have quit the mets for 2 weeks. Turn things around in 2 weeks and I will rejoin the maddening journey but for now, I am done. Sayonara.

Willie "We got to find a way people" GO CRAZY WILLIE.

Anonymous said...

"Today, they will no doubt be symbolically handing out pitchforks and torches to Mets fans who want to burn down Shea." That's a great line, G. And here we go...

Mike doesn't get along with Wagner either? The list grows.

First Time, Long Time said...

Actually sort of a disappointing open to the show considering everything. Sort of how relievers get tired when you use them everyday - Mike and Chris seem to get tired when they discuss this everyday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mike wasn't as obnoxious as I expected. He said "something HAS to change" ad nauseum, and thinks they should hire Wally Backman. Other than that, not a lot to say.

gabagool said...

I DO agree with him on that one. I think Backman would make a GREAT manager....