Friday, June 27, 2008

IN A PERFECT WORLD

With the much-anticipated return of Mike Francesa to his show(12pm today everyone), I got to thinking about not so much what he will say today('I'm not a big believer in airing our dirty laundry in public'), but what will happen when he sees Russo for the first time. I figured that it might play out like that scene from Jerry Maguire. (disclaimer: Apparently some people have a hard time discerning 'mock' posts from real ones. Just so you know, this is a blog. Not a newspaper. We have no journalistic responsibilities here. We can veer in and out of reality as much as we like. It's up to you to decide whether you enjoy it or not. Having said that, as far as I know, this conversation, with Mike playing Tom Cruise and Russo playing Renee Zellweger, never happened.)


FRANCESA

Tonight... my little stable had a very big day.

A very, very big day. We won a claiming race.

But it wasn't complete.

It wasn't nearly close to being complete.

(Francesa turns to Russo)

I couldn't share it with you.

I couldn't hear your voice.

I couldn't laugh about it with you.

I missed my... I missed my partner.

We live in a cynical world.

And we work in a business of tough competitors.

I love you. You... complete me
- And I just...

RUSSO

Shut up!

You had me at "loss column".

No comments: