Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THE DEPARTMENT WHERE THEY KEEP THE BABIES

Today Mike opened the show talking about sending his twins off to school for the first time. Mikey reminisced about when the twins were born prematurely and visiting them in the hospital..Problem was Mike couldn't quite remember what that "department" where they kept the babies was called:

"Jack was 4 pounds. Emily was 3 1/2 pounds and that winter...I used to go across every night and feed them. They were in the hospital for 2 weeks. And I used to go across and feed them when they were in the uhhh, you know that, uhhh I can't even think of the word now, you know where little babies stay in the uhhh, I can't even remember the word, what is that department called? What do they call that place, you know where they keep the babies down there when they are premature...I should slap myself for not being able to think of the word."

What could that department possibly be called? Marshalls? JC Penny? Frozen foods? Mensware?

Here's a clue Mikey...Wait for it...wait for it...combine the term Neonatal with the term Intensive Care Unit and guess what you get: NICU. That's the answer Mike!

3 comments:

KBilly said...

NICU is a Phish song

TheNextBestThing1 said...

Is this show gonna be about Mike finding a new host or what, or another stroll down memory lane..If feel like one of the shows about movies coming. We are long overdue for one those..

First Time, Long Time said...

Kbilly...I can deal with the trampolines on stage and the dirty hippies in the crowd. I can deal with the drummer in a dress and a drugged up lead guitarist. I don't want short sets and I don't want a reunion. What I want is for four musicians to stand there in their raggoty clothes and sing me some songs with real fucking lyrics. I want them to extend me that courtesy. I'm asking nicely.