Monday, May 19, 2008

WWCJS (What would Colonel Jessep Say...This is the section where Colonel Jessep responds to a pressing question from the show today)

Coming off last night's Mets/Yankees ESPN game, Colonel Jessep discusses the broadcast duo of Joe Morgan and Jon Miller with Russo and Francesa:

RUSSO: What is the story with Morgan and Miller. That's a bad job out of them last night.

JESSEP: You want answers?

FRANCESA: We think we're entitled to them.

JESSEP: You want answers?!

RUSSO: We want the truth.

JESSEP: You can't handle the truth! Dog, we live in a world that has games. And those games have to be broadcast by men with voices. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Francesa? I have a greater responsibility than you both can possibly fathom. You weep for Miller and Morgan and you curse ESPN for putting them on the air. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That Miller and Morgan’s broadcasts, while tragic, probably saved Sunday Night Baseball. And ESPN’s existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves sports... You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Miller and Morgan on Sunday Night. You need them there...We use words like Worldwide, Leader, Sports...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to two men who rise and sleep under the blanket of the sports ESPN provides, then questions the manner in which they provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone and sit in a booth. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

RUSSO: Did you order the hiring of Miller and Morgan?

JESSEP: I did the job Al Jaffe sent me to do.

FRANCESA: Did you order the hiring?

JESSEP: You're goddamn right I did!

No comments: