Earlier on today's show, a caller up brought up Duke Snider bunting in Game 7 of the 1955 World Series to justify Carlos Beltran bunting the other night. After ripping the caller for making that comparison, Russo, talking about Duke Snider's bunt, added "Now I don't like bunting there if he did get a guy to 2nd base. I wouldn't have liked that if I was around at the time but I could make a case for it nothing-nothing game, Podres and Tommy Byrne, I could make a case for it."
So that got us thinking here at the Mike and the Mad Blog, what if we could send Mike and Chris back in time and have them breakdown a sports moment from the past, long before they were on the air. Well, that is what we are going to do. But we want your feedback. Which of these old classic sports moments would you like to see Mike and Chris analyze:
- Wilt's 100 point game
- Don Larsen perfect game in World Series
- Babe Ruth calls his shot in 1932
- Willis Reed limping out in 1970
- "The Immaculate Reception"
- Miracle on Ice
- Joe Namath's Super Bowl guarantee
- Louis beats Schmelling
- U.S. basketball team getting robbed in 1972
- JFK being shot (yes, not a sports moment, but Mike loves talking JFK)
Send us your picks and we will re-enact the Francesa/Russo analysis of the topic chosen. Or if you feel we left out a better one, let us know.
And Now, A Note From Brian Powell
7 years ago