Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Francesa has Yanks back in World Series

If you watch or listen to enough of Mike Francesa, you know that he will NEVER admit that the Yankees are in bad shape. He will always downplay it. Well this afternoon, he out Francesa'd himself:

Mike: "To me, the Yankees are in great shape"

(really, cause I just looked at the standings and they are in last place, 6 games back of first and have 6 teams ahead of them in the wild card)

Mike: "I’m not worried about Tampa and Toronto yet. I’m sorry, it’s going to take me a while to get used to worrying about Tampa and Toronto. Talk to me in August. Talk to me in August. Those teams have to earn it. They got to prove they belong."

(umm, and don't the Yankees have to prove they have to earn it under a new manager, Joe Girardi. What has Girardi led them to, other than last place, through 2 months of the season? And also in case you haven't noticed Mikey, Tampa Bay and Toronto have Scott Kazmir, James Shields, Edwin Jackson, Roy Halladay, Marcum, Burnett, etc. Who do the Yankees have - Wang and Pettitte?)

What do you think of Francesa's Yankee confidence?

No comments: