Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Preview to the Willie Randolph Interview

Willie comes on with the boys at 5:05 today. Here's a glimpse of how things can unfold:


FRANCESA: Willie, those quotes of yours make it look like your motive is to kill the Mets.

RANDOLPH: Gotcha. And the Mets are.... who?

FRANCESA: Your team.

RANDOLPH (to Russo): Write that down.
(to Francesa): Am I correct in assuming that these quotes don't paint a flattering picture of my team?

FRANCESA: Yes, among other--

RANDOLPH: And am I further right in assuming that a protracted investigation of these quotes might cause some embarrassment for the Wilpons?

FRANCESA: Fred, Jeff, yes, but--

RANDOLPH: Twelve games.

FRANCESA: I'm sorry?

RANDOLPH: Twelve games. I can get it turned around. In Twelve games.

FRANCESA: You haven't talked to a beat writer, you haven't looked at an episode of SNY’s SportsNite.

RANDOLPH: Pretty impressive, huh?

FRANCESA: You're gonna have to go deeper than just--

RANDOLPH: Mike, do you have some sort of jurisdiction here that I should know about?

FRANCESA: My job is to make sure you do your job. So my jurisdiction's pretty much in your face. Read the quotes. You're not under any obligation, but I'd appreciate a report when you get back from Atlanta.

No comments: