Monday, October 13, 2008

SAY NO TO YES

So I am watching the open of Francesa and Benigno, and Mikey is just GIDDY about one of the "great regular season weeks" ever in the NFL. He is having a ball walking us through the Dallas/Arizona game. Best regular season game in 5 years in the big man's eyes. Joe B is doing a nice job. I'm really getting into their rhythm and then at the bottom of the screen, on the YES ticker I see the following "Talk about the rumored Robinson Cano for Carlos Beltran deal at YESNetwork.com" And there goes my experience. How the hell is that even a rumor? Why in the WORLD would the Mets EVER trade Beltran for the lackadaisical Cano? Why on earth is that a rumor? And why the hell do I want to go to YESNetwork.com to discuss that absurd trade? Why? Why? Why? And the fact that I even had to start obsessing about that nonsensical rumor ruined my opening segment experience. Thanks a lot YES. Thanks for nothing.

2 comments:

Rob Adams said...

That trade has been talked about for a week or so now - maybe longer. Sounds like YES is just now picking it up.

Makes no sense.

Anonymous said...

Even as a Yankee fan, I know that trade won't happen. Anything to get a few extra site hits though, I guess...