It's been a year since we put up our first post on mikeandthemadblog.blogspot.com. Over the past 365 days, we've had a lot of ups and downs, including a one-sided fight with mikefrancesa.com, a mention of the blog on the airwaves with Russo, body language analysis, a bucket list, a reading list, play-by-play of Wilt's 100-point game, an interview with Neil Best, a breakup of the names that define this blog, proclamations by our readers that this blog was dead(they were half-right) and we've added a new contributor(Awesome Sean).
Just like ARod couldn't remember things when he was young, we all probably can't quite remember May 14th, 2008. So FTLT and I have put together a time capsule of what was going on this time last year.
- The Mets sat in 3rd place at 20-18
- Tampa Bay Rays were 79 days away from being taken seriously
- Mets core consisted of Wright, Reyes, Beltran and Delgado
- Tony Bernazard was about to be public enemy #1 in NY
- Homeland security threat level was Yellow
- The Yanks were in 4th place at 20-21
- Joba was a reliever
- Syesha Mercado is eliminated from American Idol leaving David Archuleta and David Cook in the final.
- Eli Manning was getting a free meal somewhere
- It was Israel’s 60th birthday
- Unlike Rachel Alexandra, the filly Eight Belles was not alive enough to enter the Preakness
- Arod was on Boli
- Hillary Clinton beats a certain Illinois senator in the West Virginia primary
- Sue Simmons apologized for using the F-word on air
- Bronson Arroyo was 2-4 with a 6.09 ERA
- That McLouth kid was hitting .304 with 10 homers
- US Dept. of Interior listed the polar bear as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- Gabagool was our only commenter
- mikefrancesa.com banned gman26’s IP address
- Mike and Chris were happy partners
And Now, A Note From Brian Powell
7 years ago