Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quick Hits for Discussion

I guess there is no Mike again today as the Mets give Pit the opportunity to complete the 4 game sweep that was interrupted due to rain. I am sure Pit will oblige them and put Mets fans out of their misery sooner rather than later. In the meantime, here are some topical items. Some would've been included on Mike's show and some, not so much:

- To Larry from Massapequa...Thanks, from all of us, that squirmed uncomfortably in our seats while you gushed all over Kim Jones this morning. Kim has now hired a bodyguard and entered the witness relocation program. Kudos to you stalker.
- To all Monday Morning Quarterbacking Mets Fans...Please shut up about Dunn. The Mets could've SIGNED him, not traded for him, 3 months ago. SHUT UP! I missed the clamor for the big bat in March from you idiots and I don't want to hear it in July.
- To Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni...Put the name Jason Kidd out of your heads. He's a shell of his former self, a malcontent and a waste of a 3 year contract. He will get brutalized on the defensive end and is not the offensive player he once was. Live with Duhon and Nate and wait for another option. JKidd should turn off every Knick fan.
- To Me...Luis Castillo is not approximating Orlando Hudson's season. Stop trying to convince yourself that he is.

11 comments:

KBilly said...

Who said there was no Mike today?
4:00PM 7:00PM Mike Francesa
He should be on if the Mets game ends brfore 6:00. Yesterday Mike came on at around 5:30.

bigjf said...

Orlando Hudson is not enough of an upgrade to warrant giving up anything, nor should Castillo rot on the bench at his current salary.

As for the Dunn situation, he has become the type of player the Mets need. Yes, they could have signed him during the off-season, but they didn't necessarily have the need back then, not when they had a lineup with the pop of Beltran, Wright (would they have thought he'd only have 5 by now?), Delgado, and the speed of Reyes. Now, Aubrey Huff might come cheaper and perhaps makes more sense, but Dunn is the type of slugger I still covet, even for my Yankees. I'd put him in my lineup immediately.

Haha, Mets are in a rain delay on a game they were making up because of rain. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Hey AwesomeSean,

Some of us Mets fans knew we were heading into the season missing a big bat and were sending out a questionable starting pitching rotation. Omar missed the boat during the off season as well as currently. He is a piece of garbage who needs to go.

I can't stand that wanna-be Suzyn Waldman Kim Jones. I guess Boomer and Carton have been on vacation so Kim and Bull have the morning slot and I've heard them during my drive to my morning workout. Kim Jones is Mike Francesa with Ti_ _.

Enough said!

JD

Anonymous said...

bigjf...I was not hollering for Hudson then, either. I kinda thought Luis would have a better year and he has, thus far. I think he's fine as a 2b. I was just trying to convince myself that their 2009 seasons were comparable. They're not.

The Dunn situation really annoys me. Listen to enough talking heads and you'd think Dunn sucks. Since most callers listen to people like Mike, Joe Morgan, Dusty Baker, etc. they are unaware that he is a valuable player who will outperform his salary. The fact that he only got $20MM for 2 years really drives me up a wall.

JD...Not signing Burrell, Dunn or Abreu should've been a fireable offense. Mets needed a bopper and didn't get one. No contingency plan in place for an injury or a multitude of injuries. Omar is awful and I am deathly afraid of how badly he'd be undressed by Beane, Epstein or any other competent GM.

Kim Jones and Adam the Bull are so bad that I tuned to Mike and Mike for a bit today.

Anonymous said...

The Bad News Bears are at it again!!!

JD

Anonymous said...

I really didn't think the Buccos were gonna complete this sweep regardless of what I wrote in the post. This is going to be a long, long, long weekend.

KBilly said...

Well, unless there's a monumental choke job, it doesn't look like Mike can say too much negative about the Mets today. Feliciano is looking to help Mike out with his negativity.

And Kim Jones would need implants to have t!t$ as big as Mike's man boobs.

Anonymous said...

Great point regarding Kim Jones KBilly!!!

I'll have to keep that in mind(LOL)


JD

gabagool said...

The only thing that makes Kim Jones sound like she DESERVES and EARNED a job on FAN is Ann Liguori. That voice could kill a bull...or put it to sleep........

I'll admit, Mikes ALMOST as good as Jones and BETTER than liguori.

bigjf said...

Sean, Ibanez was available too...

Anonymous said...

Bigjf...Yeah, I know but I didn't like them signing a 37 year old. Phillies look like mad scientists now but year and contract is not over.

Just happy for the W today. Maybe they get some momentum going into Philly.