Look, I know the economy sucks. Nearly every person I know has taken a sizable financial hit over the past 12 months. I'd love for there to be a way for each and every person to get value or enjoyment equal to what they spent. Few things, though:
1. This is a 4 day event, not a 162 game season
2. The arrangements must be carried out precisely to maximize convenience for all involved while also satisfying TV so ratings will be good
3. The hosts still had to do all that was needed today whether there was golfing or not. That means, it still cost them money and they lost gobs with the loss of concessions, merchandise etc.
4. For the most part, this is not an event that caters to the poor or destitute.
5. Walking around after golfers, staying within designated areas and yelling, "Get in the hole!" is stupid.
During his tirade, Mike told them to get off Long Island. Loved that little bit and was immediately reminded of this little idea. How dare they! Take your fancy golf games and get the heck outta here!
I liked the fire Mike showed, however. I like when he plays the "everyman advocate." Who doesn't? I love when he empathizes with his listeners and takes a stand against the corporate giant. I like how he takes his shots here and there. Not all of this paragraph is sarcastic either. He does have less of an agenda than his "competition."
So, tomorrow is gonna be a fiery Mike at the helm. He can take the USGA to task, bellow for Joba to return to the bullpen, deride the Yanks for losing 2 of 3 to the Nats, make fun of Jerry Manuel and his undying love for the sac bunt...Wait, I need to hit on that too:
With a depleted offense why is Manuel so willing to give up an out with a 1 run lead? Why does he think a 1 run lead against a potent offense is a sure win? If Castillo is on 1st and he has speed and Cora's at the plate and he can handle the bat, isn't the sac bunt completely redundant? Why is it so far from the realm of possibility that a team with a good offense can score a run against a closer that sometimes can't find the plate?
OK...Back to Mike's topics: discuss how much the NY crowd loves Phil if only they were allowed to re-use their Thursday tickets and how disappointed he was to learn that Jacqueline from the Real Housewives of NJ had implants.